The health and safety of our High Tech Campus residents and visitors is our most important priority. We are in contact with specialized institutions and partners, including the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), the municipal health service (GGD) and Eindhoven council. We would like to share important guidelines of the RIVM and the WHO. And we would like to share the measures we take as High Tech Campus Site Management.
What is the most recent update regarding the coronavirus in the Netherlands?
The Dutch government extented the corona measures until April 28:
- Stay at home as much as possible. Go outside for work only when you cannot work at home, for groceries, or to take care of others. You can also get a breath of fresh air, but don't do this in a group. Always keep a distance from others (at least 1.5 meters) and avoid social activities and groups of people. Also at home: a maximum of three people visit and keep a distance from each other.
- If you have a cough or a cold, the following already applies: stay at home. If you also get a fever, everyone in the household must stay at home from now on. People in crucial professions and vital processes are excluded from this, unless they become ill themselves.
- Schools will be closed until the May holidays.
- All meetings are prohibited until June 1, even with fewer than 100 people. There is an exception for funerals and church weddings, about which more information will be provided later. Shops and public transport are required to take measures to ensure that people keep their distance, for example through a door policy.
- Mayors can designate areas where group formation is prohibited. These can be parks, beaches or neighborhoods. In groups of 3 or more that do not keep a meter and a half away, maintenance is maintained. Persons in the same household, such as families, and children are excluded.The government also wants to be able to enforce existing measures better. That is why mayors are given the opportunity to act more quickly and easily through an emergency ordinance. Mayors can close specific locations, such as parks, beaches, and campgrounds. Fines can also be imposed.
Other news regarding the corona virus On Monday March 16, the Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte held a press conference. He explained that a large part of the population will become infected with the coronavirus. Most people will develop minor complaints, according to Rutte. In this way, so-called group immunity is built up, which is important to contain the virus. But that can take months and even longer. Until then, we must do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable people. 'It is our absolute priority to minimize the risks for the elderly and those with poor health.'
On Sunday 15 March, the Dutch government took additional measures to tackle the corona virus. Schools and nurseries close until Monday April 6 (this was later extended until the May holidays). The same applies to food and beverage outlets (not hotels) and sports and fitness clubs (this was later extended to April 28). More information about the High Tech Campus facilities, read below!
Children of parents who work in healthcare, the police, public transport and the fire brigade for example, are provided with childcare in school and the nursery, so that their parents can continue to work. This care is at no extra cost. Click here for a list of crucial professions.
What measures does the High Tech Campus take when we talk about COVID-19? Extra measures are been taking into account. The High Tech Campus crisis team is on standby.
Restaurants Most of the restaurants and the AH to go are closed. What is still open? Restaurant Brave New World in building HTC 5. From 11.00 - 14.00h. Our restaurants are not public catering establishments, and can therefore still be open to ensure that campus employees have the opportunity to eat something. Also a few food trucks can be found at the Food Lab.
In addition, food is packaged preventively (in sustainable boxes) and we have arranged extra capacity for our food delivery service. Our catering facilitator Eurest can also deliver lunch to your building. And they can also provide catering for several people. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport facilities The Campus Wellness Center is closed due to the corona measures until April 28. Also the outdoor sport facilities are closed.
Conference Center Also the Conference Center is closed until April 28.
Badge Office Due to all the corona measures the badge office will be open on Tuesday and Thursday from 09.00 - 13.00h.
Can I still travel with public transport to the High Tech Campus? Due to all measures, fewer buses drive from the center to the Campus, and back. When do they drive? Please check 9292ov.nl.
What can I do to prevent the coronavirus? We advise you to follow the basic hygiene measures. These measures apply to all viruses that can cause flu and colds.
Wash your hands frequently. Use antibacterial soap or hand-disinfection products.
Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow
Use paper handkerchiefs
Avoid shaking hands
If I have symptoms of the virus, what should I do? We call on our Campus residents to take their own responsibility. Stay at home if you have symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath or fever. Contact your family doctor by phone. Also if you have been in an area where the coronavirus is located, like China (including Hong Kong & Macao), Singapore, South Korea, Iran and the north of Italy. Stay at home, and make sure you don't infect others.
Has the corona virus already been detected at the High Tech Campus? No. If you or one of your employees is detected with the coronavirus, please let us know as soon as possible via email@example.com.
Company policy High Tech Campus Eindhoven is a vibrant and international community of 220 companies and 12.000 people. We kindly advise you to check and respect your company policy regarding travel restrictions and other measurements related to the coronavirus.
Information from Brainport for companies If you want an overview of all the measures that are available to help you as a company, please have a look at the Brainport Eindhoven website.